Rumi quotes are well known for being wise, powerful and thought-provoking.
Let his words help you realize all the strength and beauty you have inside you.
Who was Rumi?
Rumi was a 13th-century Persian poet who’s had a massive influence on Muslim writing and culture. He has a huge following around the world and is actually one of the best selling poets in the USA. His works have been translated to many different languages, including Spanish, Turkish, German, Russian, Urdu, Arabic, French and Italian.
In his honor, below are 15 inspirational, wise, and powerful Rumi quotes:
1. “Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.” — Rumi
2. “Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.” — Rumi
3. “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” — Rumi
4. “Everything in the universe is within you. Ask all from yourself.” — Rumi
5. “Would you become a pilgrim on the road of love? The first condition is that you make yourself humble as dust and ashes.” — Rumi
6. “There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the ground; there are a thousand ways to go home again.” — Rumi
7. “This place is a dream. Only a sleeper considers it real. Then death comes like dawn, and you wake up laughing at what you thought was your grief.” — Rumi
8. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean, in a drop.” — Rumi
9. “Dancing is not just getting up painlessly, like a leaf blown on the wind; dancing is when you tear your heart out and rise out of your body to hang suspended between the worlds.” — Rumi
10. “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” — Rumi
11. “Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious. I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now on I’ll be mad.” — Rumi
12. “Why do you stay in prison, when the door is so wide open?” — Rumi
13. “The Prophets accept all agony and trust it. For the water has never feared the fire.” — Rumi
14. “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes around in another form.” — Rumi
15. “If the foot of the trees were not tied to earth, they would be pursuing me. For I have blossomed so much, I am the envy of the gardens.” — Rumi
With great love and gratitude,
20 Stoic Quotes That Will Motivate and Inspire You
Timeless wisdom from Seneca, Marcus Aurelius, and Epictetus